I am writing to seek your comments on the Natural Resources and Waste Development Plan Document Publication Draft. This is the final chance to comment on the Document before it is submitted to the Secretary of State for independent Examination.
The Natural Resources and Waste Development Plan Document (NR&W DPD) is part of the Local Development Framework – the new development plan for Leeds. The Plan sets out where land is needed to enable us to manage resources, like minerals, energy, water and waste, over the next 15 years and identifies specific actions which will help us use our natural resources in a more efficient way.
Following early periods of consultation (in May – June 2008 and January – March 2010) and consideration by the City Council’s Executive Board, a ‘Publication Document’ has been prepared for a period of consultation which starts on 15th December for 8 weeks. The following documents are available:
- Publication Document
- Map Book
- Minerals, Waste and Energy Topic Papers
- Sustainability Appraisal – Summary Document
- Sustainability Appraisal Report – Full Version
- Response Form
- Appropriate Assessment Screening Report
From 15th December, you will be able to access the documents in the following ways:
Web – www.leeds.gov.uk\ldf and following the link to the Natural Resources and Waste Development Plan Document. on the Local Development Framework homepage.
- Visiting the Development Enquiry Centre at The Leonardo Building, 2 Rossington St, Leeds, LS2 (Monday to Friday 08:30 – 17:00, except Wednesdays 09:30 – 17:00)
- At Libraries and One Stop Centres across Leeds.
- Requesting a copy to be sent out to you by Post or by Email. Phone Leeds (0113) 247 8092 or email email@example.com
We would like to hear your views about the ‘soundness’ of the DPD. More information about soundness can be found in the guidance from the Planning Inspectorate entitled ‘ Local Development Frameworks, Development Plan Documents: Soundness Guidance’, available from http://www.planning-inspectorate.gov.uk
Special arrangements can be made to translate the documents into any language (free of charge) by telephoning (0113) 247 8092. Please let me know if you need any further information or any of the documents. I would be grateful for your comments in due course.