I have been advised of the following work to take place to upgrade the entrance and paths within the Crematorium.
The work involves changes to the main entrance on Otley Road; the entrance is to be widened to provide an extra vehicle entrance / exit. The work involves;
- Moving the left hand pedestrian entrance across and supplying a new pillar;
- The curved wall and fence on the left side will be dismantled and re positioned;
- The road side kerbs will be moved and re aligned to create the entrances;
- The terracotta kerbs forming the left edge of the path on the left side pedestrian entrance will be moved across to correspond with the new pillar positions;
- The tarmac will be made good.
Further work will be carried out to;
- Repair and re position the road side kerb edgings to the left side of the left fork leading up to the chapel;
- Plane the road surface and re tarmac the left fork;
- Plane the road surface to the rear of the chapel and re tarmac as required;
- Construct a York stone path across the grass area to the front right of the chapel;
- Construct a York stone curved flower plinth with granite infill on the right fork adjacent to and serviced by the above path. The plinth will be positioned on a York stone paved area fitted with a curved feature seat;
- Create resin bound parking bays.
The planned work should help to alleviate the traffic problems that have plagued this area for many years.