You may be interested in the information below. This consultation is on the document that planning policy will be based on for the next few years and your views are important. It will also be the document on which the site allocations policy will be based and this will be issued hopefully later on this year.
Leeds Local Development Framework
Core Strategy Publication Draft – Pre-submission Changes
Consultation: 7th January 2013 to 18th February 2013
Further to consultation on the Core Strategy Publication Draft document (February – April 2012), I am writing to notify you regarding the above document. We are inviting representations on this for a period of 6 weeks, between 7th January 2013 and 18th February 2013. The documents are available to view and download on the Council’s webpage. This is an opportunity to make representations on the Pre–submission changes before the Core Strategy Publication draft document, Pre-submission changes and any representations received, are submitted to the Secretary of State for independent Examination.
The Core Strategy is part of the ‘local plan’ for Leeds and sets out the spatial and land use strategy for Leeds over the next 16 years and reflects the ambitions and priorities set out in the Vision for Leeds (The Community Plan). The plan also provides a strategic framework for the preparation of the forthcoming Site Allocations plan and Neighbourhood Plans. The following documents are available:
- Core Strategy – Pre Submission Changes
- Response Form
- Sustainability Appraisal – Addendum 1: Overview
- Sustainability Appraisal – Addendum 2: SA of Pre Submission Changes
- Sustainability Appraisal – Addendum 3: SA of Pre Submission Changes NonTechnical Summary
- Sustainability Appraisal – Addendum 4: SA of Preferred Approach
- Sustainability Appraisal – Addendum 5: SA of Preferred Approach Non Technical Summary
- Statement of Representation
- Habitats Regulation Assessment Screening (Pre-submission changes)
- Publication Draft – Report of Consultation
- Housing Background Paper
- Employment Background Paper
- Duty to Cooperate Background Paper
From 7th January, members of the public will be able to access the above documents in the following ways:
· Web – www.leeds.gov.uk/ldf and follow the Core Strategy links under the related pages tab.
- Visiting the Development Enquiry Centre at The Leonardo Building, 2 Rossington St, Leeds, LS2 8HD (Monday to Friday 08:30- 17:00, except Wednesdays 09:30- 17:00)
- At Libraries (including the three community mobile services) and One Stop Centres across Leeds.
- Requesting a copy to be sent out to you by post or by Email by phoning Leeds (0113) 247 8092 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are only asking for representations about the ‘soundness’ of the changes, prior to submission to the Secretary of State. An independent Inspector will examine the plan against the ‘tests of soundness’, which require it to be 1. Positively prepared, 2. Justified, 3. Effective and 4. Consistent with national policy. More information on this can be found in the National Planning Policy Framework, available from www.gov.uk/government/publications
Special arrangements can be made to translate the documents into any language (free of charge) by telephoning (0113) 247 8092 and we will try to facilitate any special needs to make sure views are registered. Please let me know if you need any further information or any more copies of the documents