I have received the information below from the Asda Holt Park Store Manager in response to the issues I raised with the manager at Asda re the recent shut downs of the store. I contacted Asda as I have not been kept up to date with what has been going on and residents are not being kept up to date:
“We certainly have had issues at Adel over the last 6 weeks which are still being looked in to by Wal-Mart.
We’ve been working closely with our PR team and the local media to keep everyone up to date and have provided this detail to the newspaper who have been working with store and contacted Asda House:
– We have been experiencing some technical issues, which have caused some disruption to store
– We are very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused and would like to reassure our customers we’re working hard to find a solution
– We’ve replaced most of the equipment in the store to try and root out the cause of the problem
– Our software engineers are working around the clock to ensure any further disruption is kept to minimum
– We’ve also brought in a number of experts from around the globe to take a look at the problems affecting the store and hope to have a permanent solution in place quickly
– We’re monitoring the store very closely and will continue to update our customers and thank them for their patience while we get their store back to normal
– In the meantime we have continued to offer a grocery click and collect service throughout the disruption as an alternative way to shop with us
Unfortuantely we are unable to provide a shuttle service to another store. We have also had managers and colleagues on the door and edges of the car park throughout all the closures explaining to customers that we were closed due to our tills being down.
As you can appreciate, it is the worst case scenario to close store and something that directly affects the colleagues finacially as well as emotionally too. It’s something that we, as retailers don’t want to happen but sometimes things are taken completely out of our hands and out of our control.”