Please find below information that you or someone you know may find useful.

Please see below links to advice on safely clearing up after floods.

Government/Public Health England advice


 Yorkshire water


Link to flooding information on Leeds City Council  website including details of how homeowners and businesses who are severely affected can contact the council to apply for financial assistance.


Improving access to Leeds Bradford Airport
Initial consultation has now started on three options to improve road access to the airport. For more information and to have your say click here

I have also received the following information from Yorkshire Water:

Today Yorkshire Water are announcing that we are suspending charges for customers forced out of their homes by the recent floods and we would really appreciate your support in communicating this message to those who are affected.

Eligible customers will have their charges suspended until such time as they were able to reoccupy their homes.

In addition, we will also make an allowance for those eligible customers who choose to remain in their homes but whose bills rise significantly as a result of clean-up activities.

We recognise that some of our customers are going through a terrible time as a result of the flooding and we want to help them get back on their feet as quickly as possible. Several councils have already said they will suspend customers’ Council Tax bills and we are pleased to be in a position to support our customers in a similar way.

Yorkshire Water has been busy working round the clock over Christmas to support the emergency flood relief effort. We’ve deployed significant extra resources and these remain in place as we assist with the ongoing recovery.

We tripled the number of customer services staff we would normally have working and are working closely with the emergency services, councils and the Environment Agency to co-ordinate our activities.

While a great number of our water and sewage treatment works were inundated by the floods, our colleagues ensured that water supplies were maintained at all times across the Yorkshire region. This service will be essential during the big clean-up.

Customers should contact Yorkshire Water on 0345 124 24 24, use our live chat facility on yorkshirewater.com/contact-us, or tweet @YWHelp to discuss their individual circumstances.

Frequently asked questions

Who qualifies for this assistance?

Anyone whose home has been flooded by the storms in Yorkshire since Christmas Day. We can help if you have had to move out of your property or if you have incurred higher water charges because of the extra water used in cleaning up.

What if I am still living in my flooded home?

We will continue to charge you as normal if you are still living in your flooded property because you are still using water and wastewater services.

If you have a water meter we understand that you might see an increase in water usage due to the extra water used in cleaning up after the floods. We will make an allowance for this extra water usage so you will not have to pay for it.

Will I get an allowance if I don’t have a water meter?

If you have had to move out of your house we will suspend your full water and sewerage charges regardless of whether you pay based on Rateable Value or whether you have a water meter.

If you are still living in your home after being flooded and you pay based on Rateable value, your fixed yearly charge will not change no matter how much additional water you need to use, and we will not make an allowance.

When will I have to start paying my water bill again?

When you move back into your home we will start to charge you again for your water and wastewater services.

What about the water bill at the temporary accommodation I have moved into?

If you are responsible for the water bill at your new temporary accommodation you will be charged as usual at that address. If you have moved in with friends or relatives they will be responsible for the water bill as normal.

Why do you need my contact details?

We will need to keep in touch with you throughout the period that your property is empty. Also, it may be necessary to make checks on your water supply or your water meter before you move back in again.