I have received the information below from the Council’s Affordable Warmth officer
“Dear affordable warmth newsletter recipient,
Have you been with your current energy supplier for too long? Could you do better?
Households from Leeds and across Yorkshire can now buy their gas and electricity from White Rose Energy, a new supplier created to provide fairer, more transparent gas and electricity tariffs. White Rose Energy is run by Leeds City Council in partnership with Robin Hood Energy, a not for profit company run by Nottingham City Council.
White Rose Energy is available to all gas and electricity consumers, regardless of whether they own or rent their own homes, and offers the following tariffs:
- Fluid – a standard variable tariff
- Flat capped – a twelve month fixed rate tariff with no exit fees
- Freedom – a variable Pay-As-You-Go tariff for customers with pre-payment meters
White Rose Energy aims to provide:
- Consistently competitive tariffs. White Rose Energy’s contract with Robin Hood Energy has a commitment to keep prices competitive as measured monthly on price comparison websites.
- Transparent tariffs with no surprises. White Rose Energy won’t offer unsustainable loss-leaders and fixed term offers to lure in customers then raise prices unreasonably when the offer ends.
- A fairer deal for low energy users and pre-payment customers who have been poorly served by the established energy suppliers. White Rose Energy’s pre-payment tariff is only slightly higher than the standard variable tariff and they will replace traditional prepayment meters with smart Pay As You Go alternatives that can in future be switched to credit mode remotely and free of charge.
If you would like to find out more about White Rose Energy, or you’re interested in switching, visit www.whiteroseenergy.co.uk or call 0800 0223553. Please feel free to distribute this email to your employees and colleagues.”