You may be interested in the notice below:
LEEDS CITY COUNCIL
SECTION 21 TOWN POLICE CLAUSES ACT 1847
ARMED FORCES DAY– SATURDAY 24TH JUNE 2017
(TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES) ORDER 2017
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Leeds City Council has today made an Order under Section 21 of the Town Police Clauses Act 1847. The effect of the Order is that the roads specified in the Schedule hereto will be closed to vehicles in sequence between 11:15hrs and 12:15hrs on Saturday 24th June 2017 to facilitate crowd control for the Armed Forces Day Parade. In addition, parking will be suspended in the roads detailed in Schedule 3 hereto from 05:00hrs on Friday 23rd June 2017.
SCHEDULE 1 – THE PARADE
The Parade will be controlled by a rolling road closure between 11.15hrs and 12.15hrs. The Police will be in attendance and access for emergency vehicles will be maintained.
The Parade will assemble in Millennium Square and proceed via a clockwise route comprising Millennium Square, Cookridge Street, The Headrow (eastbound carriageway) and Calverley Street, before returning to Millennium Square.
SCHEDULE 2 – ASSOCIATED CLOSURES
To allow for the associated thronging for the wrap round event it is necessary to close:
- St Anne’s Street (the whole) between 05.00hrs and 19.00hrs on Saturday 24th June 2017; and
- Cookridge Street (The Headrow to Great George Street and Great George Street to Millennium Square) between 05.00hrs and 19.00hrs on Saturday 24th June 2017.
If in the interests of public safety it is considered necessary, to also close:
- Great George Street between its junction with Calverley Street and Dudley Way; and
- Portland Way between its junctions with Woodhouse Lane and Calverley Street (Emergency evacuation only); and
- Calverley Street between its junctions with Portland Street and Portland Way Street (Emergency evacuation only).
SCHEDULE 3 – SUSPENSION OF PARKING BAYS
The use of all parking bays located on Portland Crescent, Portland Gate and Cookridge Street will be suspended from 05:00hrs on Friday 23rd June until 19:00hrs on Saturday 24th June 2017.
All communications with regard to this Notice should be addressed to Highways Services, Selectapost 6, Ring Road, Middleton Leeds LS10 4AX, for the attention of Michael De-Lucchi (telephone: (0113) 24 75294).
Dated this 16th day of June 2017
Leeds City Council
LEEDS LS1 1UR