I was advised by the Traveller Liaison officer today of the following:
“Cllr Anderson, The Travellers should be gone today, the notices served on Friday gave them until today to vacate the land.”
As a result of it being apparent that the Travellers are still on site I have sent the following email below to a number of partners:
“I am getting inundated with complaints that they are still on site. I have been down tonight myself just before 10pm.
A number of questions are being asked:
- What has gone wrong?
- What action have the police taken to enforce the situation?
- How many arrests have been made due to the various problems that have been caused?
- Why is there no visible police presence on site or in the car park?
- Why have no updates been issued as to why the travellers have not vacated the site?
- Why has no action been taken to stop additional vehicles driving onto Bedquilts?
- What are the next steps?
- When will they be forced to leave?
- Why are they being allowed to move from location to location?”