I have been sent the information below today:
If you would like a copy of the Statement of Representations Procedure let me know.
The Leeds Core Strategy sets out the strategic town planning policy framework for the district to 2028. You are receiving this letter because you are on our database of people interested in the Core Strategy. If you feel that you should not be on our database please contact us.
Since the Core Strategy has been in operation a number of policy areas are now in need of review because of new circumstances, evidence and/or the general effectiveness of policies. The Core Strategy Selective Review seeks to address this. The Core Strategy was adopted in November 2014, therefore only focused selective alterations to the Plan are considered necessary. The remainder remains up to date.
The selective review will result in a series of focused amendments to the adopted Core Strategy. I am writing to you to let you know that the Council proposes to review / update the following matters:
- Reviewing the housing requirement in Policy SP6, housing distribution in Policy SP7, and extending the plan period to 2033
- Introducing new policy on housing standards for minimum space standards, and accessibility standards for new housing in Policies H9 and H10
- Updating policy on affordable housing set out in Policy H5
- Reviewing the requirement for greenspace in new housing developments by amending Policy G4
- City Centre Green Space, making minor amendments to Policies G5 and G6
- Incorporating new national policy regarding Code for Sustainable Homes by updating the wording of Policies EN1 and EN2 and a consequential change to the EN4.
- Introducing a new Policy for Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure (Policy EN8)What do you need to do? This consultation is running for a period of 6 weeks from the 9th February 2018 until 5pm on 23rd March 2018.
- As part of the consultation, there will also be an opportunity for you to come to a drop in session;
- This is your opportunity to submit comments on the matters listed above. These will be considered by the Council prior to the Publication Draft Plan being submitted to the Secretary of State for approval.
- General / community drop in session – Thursday 1st March at Leeds Civic Hall in East room from 2pm to 7pm
- Developers and consultants – Thursday 15th March at Leeds Civic Hall in East Room from 2pm to 5.30pm
What can you comment on?
The consultation relates only to the Core Strategy Selective Review and therefore only comments relating to the Review will be considered. Your comments should set out why you do or do not believe the Core Strategy Selective Review is appropriate / sound.
Comments relating to the following matters will be considered if received on or before 23rd March 2018 (5pm).
- Amended Policy SP6 (housing requirement)
- Amended Policy SP7 (housing distribution)
- Amended Policies EN1 and EN2 (new national policy regarding Code for Sustainable Homes) and a consequential change to EN4.
- New Policy EN8 (electric vehicle charging infrastructure)
- Amended Policy G4 (greenspace)
- Amended Policy G5 and G6 (city centre greenspace)
- Amended Policy H5 (affordable housing)
- New Policy H9 (Housing Standards for Minimum Space Standards)
- New Policy H10 (accessibility standards for new housing)
- Extending the Plan Period to 2033
What you can’t comment on?
Please note that because the Core Strategy Selective Review is at Publication Draft Stage, only comments on the focused amendments (as set out above) will be accepted as valid.
Any comments specifically relating to Site Allocations Plan submitted in response to this consultation would not be valid as the SAP and CSSR are subject to different plan-making processes. The SAP has its own consultation (see www.leeds.gov.uk/yourcity)
How to view and comment on the Core Strategy Selective Review
The focused amendments are listed on the Council’s web-site (www.leeds.gov.uk/localplan). Comments can only be received between 09th February and 23rd March 2018 (5pm).
Please relate your comments to the specific Policies. You can also read the documents at all Libraries / Community Hubs and One Stop Centres as well as the Council’s main planning office at Merrion House.
Whilst we would prefer to receive your comments using the response form at (www.leeds.gov.uk/localplan) this saves the Council money,
you may also email comments to: CoreStrategyReview@Leeds.gov.uk
Or write to:
Leeds Core Strategy Selective Review
Leeds City Council
Planning services -Policy and Plans Group
9 Floor East, Merrion House
110 Merrion Centre
All representations received during the consultation period will be considered by the Council. In addition, they will be sent to the Planning Inspectorate, as part of the examination of the Plan by a Government appointed Planning Inspector.
Leeds Local Plan Newsletter
A newsletter which gives an update on planning policy documents in Leeds can be viewed at www.leeds.gov.uk/ldf.