The bin collection information at the bottom of this post will be on an A5 postcard that will be going out to inform residents of bin collection dates over Christmas and New Year. These are going to be sent to all households, starting w/c 19th November.
There will also be posters and A6 pads being distributed to over 600 community buildings as well as press work, social media and website campaigns, digital screens and road shows.
The alternative days will start from 24th December and run until 6th January. The key message is that collections will take place one day earlier or later than normal, with the exception of New Year’s Eve – Monday 31 December when collections will take place on the usual scheduled day.
I would be grateful if you could share this message widely and encourage people to:
- download the Leeds Bins app so they can receive collection day reminders straight to their phone
for handy hints on how to reduce, reuse and recycle common items generated around the home during the festive period, such as greetings cards, wrapping paper and food waste.
- If your normal bin day is Monday – your collection days will be Sunday 23rd December and Monday 31st December.
- If your normal bin day is Tuesday – your collection day will be Monday 24th December and Wednesday 2nd January.
- If your normal bin day is Wednesday – your collection day will be Thursday 27th December and Thursday 3rd January
- If your normal bin day is Thursday – your collection day will be Friday 28th December and Friday 4th January
- If your normal bin day is Friday – your collection day will be Saturday 29th December and Saturday 5th January
- If your normal bin day is Saturday – your collection day will be Sunday 30th December and Sunday 6th January