The summary/conclusions based on the comments from those who took the time to respond are as follows:
- To get buy-in we need to include the main roads in the road safety measures.
- There is significant concern as to the financial viability of introducing these schemes e.g. the street furniture that will need to be put up.
- Unless there is enforcement residents see the 20mph schemes falling into disrepute.
- Concerns about HGVs that even at 30mph on the main roads is too fast when going along Main Street and Arthington Lane in particular.
- There is also the need to address the air quality issues that have been highlighted by other Council reports.
There may be other views that will come forward when the formal consultation starts if the Council still wish to proceed or if they come forward with an amended scheme addressing some or all of the points that have been raised.