If you receive an unexpected telephone call confirm it is not a fraud.
Criminals may use a range of tactics over the phone, including pretending to be from HMRC, banks, loan companies, telephone and internet providers. Make sure you confirm the identity of the person you are speaking to before engaging in conversation.
Notify your bank if you have given out your card or bank details:
Report fraud to Action Fraud on 0330 123 2040
Protect yourself, have you:
- Received unexpected correspondence?
- Dealt with this company before?
- Been asked for personal and/or banking information?
- Thought about ringing them back on a number you know to be genuine?
- Asked for contact by post instead?
Protect others, have they:
- Received more phone calls than usual?
- Had persistent phone calls from the same number?
- Had unexpected transactions appear on their bank statement?
- A landline telephone without a display
- Fallen trying to get to the phone?
For further crime prevention advice contact your local Crime Prevention Officer on 101 or www.westyorkshire.police.uk/fraud