I have been sent information from the Police Alert system regarding protection of vehicles from theft. Their advice is:
- A good quality steering lock
- Keep valuables out of sight
- Dash Cam
- If you have a modern car that uses a keyless system, keep the fob far away from your front door and ideally inside a signal blocking pouch. This will guard against “relay” theft.
- Following on from keyless, if yours is a used car then re-programme the code.
- A good, high-end car alarm
- Use your garage if you have one
- Have your windows/mirrors/headlights/etched with the last digits of your VIN number or number plate.
- Consider GPS tracking.