See below latest update received.
You may be aware we have been considering proposals to improve the Dyneley Arms junction (junction of the A660 Leeds Road and A658 Pool Bank New Road) in Bramhope between Leeds and Otley.
We are proposing to implement a scheme to provide additional capacity for the benefit of all users at the junction. This will help to mitigate existing congestion issues, reduce the delay for traffic travelling through the junction and help prevent continued forecast traffic growth causing further congestion issues.
The proposed scheme includes:
- Minor realignment of A658 at the junction (north arm)
- Small scale widening to eastern corner of junction with a potential impact on 2 trees
- Stone wall field boundary to be taken down for site access and compound and reinstated following works
- Advanced stop lines for cycle users
- The introduction of new traffic signals technology
The proposed scheme forms part of the corridor improvement programme which includes a mixture of low and medium cost highway interventions on the key route network across West Yorkshire. The improvement is just one of several proposed schemes on key routes across the north west of Leeds.
We are planning a period of public consultation on our latest plans. The consultation period will be live from 15th July to 9th September 2019 with plans and information on the proposals and the opportunity to feedback available online.
Leaflets and posters will also be distributed to local residents and businesses in the locality and on street community engagement is proposed in Pool, Bramhope, Otley and Adel.”