Please find below information that may be of interest to you. You may know someone who would, or you may yourself, like to take up this opportunity.
Volunteers Needed at OPAL
(Older People’s Action in the Locality)
Help improve someone’s life by just being there
What does OPAL do: we support people who are 60 years and over live a more active and socially engaged life. Promoting health and wellbeing by offering friendship and activity. Many of our members live alone and are aged 75 years or over.
We are looking for volunteers to help with:
- Assisting on trips either escorting someone or helping them in a wheelchair
- Helping at our Friday lunch club and café – either behind the servery or helping serve and clear away.
- Driving people to and from activities either on a regular basis or ad hoc
- Engaging with people at our coffee afternoons, promoting participation and enjoyment
- Visit an older person who is housebound (Weekly or fortnightly)
Tel: (0113) 2619103