I’ve been approached by a group of local residents who have set up the Pool Community Care Plan (PCCP) group to ask if I would let residents know about them. Set out below is a statement from them setting out their purposes/objectives:
“We have over 20 volunteers signed up to assist people self-isolating/struggle in Pool with the following:-
- Prescription collections and drop off
- Food deliveries
- Food bank distribution (totally anonymous).
- Distribution of cards to help keep the local residents up to date with who to contact for milk/eggs/fruit/veg/meat.
- Local dog walkers offering their services for free for residents unable to walk their dogs.
- Or friendly chat Over the phone.
- Do not hesitate to contact us at PCCP and we will do our best to support you.
We have set up a Benevolent Fund for those who might be struggling in the months to come. If you would like to make a donation you can either write a cheque payable to Pool Methodist Church and drop it in the post box or pay by BACS Sort Code 20-37-13 Account 50719978 reference Benevolent Fund
If you are on Facebook here is the Facebook link to the PCCP page.”
Around 250 local residents have signed up so far.
I am advised that with the help of local Pool residents they have donated £280 to the hardship benevolent fund and that the food bank is stocking up nicely.
If you would like further information or want to help please email email@example.com also if you need any help locally or know of anyone who needs help please use the same email address. All of this needs to be done within the Government directive.
- Stay at home unless absolutely necessary
- Stay 2 metres apart from others when you do have to go out
- Do not meet others outside your household, even family and friends