Please find below the latest update on the brown bin service, the opening of Ellar Ghyll site and performance of the household waste sites in general.
Recycling Centres Update
In the first 2 weeks of reopening over 30,000 bookings have been made! Feedback has been really good; most importantly customers are feeling safe, as well as being pleased about not having to queue to get in.
- 7 recycling centres are now open – Kirkstall, Meanwood, Middleton, Pudsey, Seacroft, Wetherby and Yeadon (top tip – Kirkstall usually has the most free slots available)
- We plan to reopen the final site, Otley (Ellar Ghyll), next week – with limited access and for garden waste only, initially, to maintain safe access and distancing.
- You MUST book an appointment to visit a centre. Book at www.leeds.gov.uk/recyclingsites. Strictly no booking, no entry.
- We are now allowing an exception to the rule that only one person can leave each vehicle. We will now allow a second person to help unload heavy items (with permission when on site)
- Disposal of rubble and soil is limited to a fair use policy of a maximum of 5 x 25l bags (or equivalent) per trip
- Small vans and trailers can now book slots too – with the usual permit requirement operating (no permit, no entry). More info about commercial permits on our website.
Brown Bin Collections
- Brown bin collections restarted on Monday, 25th May!
- Your collection day might be different. Check online or download the Leeds Bins app. You will also receive a letter (and a new sticker!) with your new collection day.
- Check what can go in your brown bin – www.leeds.gov.uk/brownbin
As anticipated, we are seeing unprecedented levels of garden waste in the bins – about twice as much as usual! We have extra staff working on the brown bin collections to help with this. We will try our absolute best, but can’t guarantee all brown bins will be collected on the first couple of collections. Please do bear with us and we appreciate your patience while we get this service running again.
Download the Leeds Bins App