I have received the following notification from the Highways Engineer working on the highways scheme for the A660 outside the Miller Homes site:
“Please note the following planned traffic management for the next few weeks in Bramhope.
1. Closure of the entrance/exit to The Poplars at its junction with the A660 Leeds Road from 8th June to 22nd August 2020. Normally we would do a letter drop to residents to give notice of a road closure, however due to Covid 19, we have weighed up the situation and think that we can achieve distribution of the information by displaying advance notice signs on site next week and by circulating the letter by email where possible. Therefore please can I ask all if you can sent out the letter (as attached) to as many resident contacts within The Trees estate you may have.
2. On Mon 8th June 2020 night work will take place on A660 Leeds Road under 2 way lights. Works will be to amend the white lining to suit the temporary new carriageway/lanes layout. Works will start at 6.30pm till 2am. We will ensure any noising operations will be done first and be completed by 11pm. On completion, motorists on the A660 Leeds Road will be directed onto the newly carriageway around the newly constructed roundabout.
3. Daily 4 way lights during the day at the King Road Roundabout starting from Tue 9th June to Fri 3rd July. This is to continue the footway and carriageway works here.
All residents in the area have received the letter below:
Dear Sir or Madam,
A660 LEEDS ROAD, BRAMHOPE
Road closure of The Poplars at its junction with A660 Leeds Road.
1. As part of the ongoing highway works in Bramhope associated with the residential development, the following traffic management will be in place.
2. The Poplars at its junction with the A660 Leeds Road will be closed to vehicle access from Mon 8th June until Sat 22nd August 2020. Motorists who normally access/leave The Trees estate via The Poplars are to use the alternative route via The Birches.
3. The Works during this period will include construction of the new kerbline and new footway on the outbound side of the A660 Leeds Road, resurfacing of the existing carriageway and construction of new footways on The Poplars.
4. The Contractor, Colas Ltd will be supervised by staff of Leeds City Council and the person responsible for overseeing the Contractor on site is Kate Lee and can be contacted by telephoning 0113 3787376.
5. Should you have any queries, or complaints arising as a direct consequence of the Works, please contact Kate Lee so that she can take any appropriate action. I would request that any problems be reported when they arise as it becomes more difficult to deal satisfactorily with them after a lapse of time. In such cases, I would advise you not to rely on an approach to the Contractor or his workpeople as they may not have the authority to take any action.